Thursday 24 December 2009

A year post diagnosis - An email I sent to all my girls

2nd October 2009

Exactly a year ago today I was diagnosed with breast cancer. As you are all fully aware it has been a very long difficult year and although there are a few bits and pieces that I still have to deal with related to breast cancer, I am proud to say that I think I have managed to come out the other side.

I have been trying over the past few months to think of something worthwhile that I could do to commemorate this anniversary in a positive way. So what I’ve decided to do is once a month you lucky people will receive an email from me, and all it will say is CHECK!. Its just a reminder to you all to check your boobs for lumps or bumps as I know we are all guilty of not checking ourselves frequently enough and I hope that what happened to me and my monthly email will give you a bit of a wake up call. You are all welcome to email other friends not on this email to remind them to check themselves too as you may just save their life.

Ironically October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month so I also felt that this would be a good time to start my little email reminder.

Finally thank you again for all your love and support over the past year

Lots of love

JR xx

No comments:

Post a Comment